I hope everyone had a spectaaaacular Christmas/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/etc. and New Year. My entire winter break was as close to perfection as it could have been. It made me realize that the friends I have are some of the best people I've ever met. Not even worried about losing any of them while I'm a thousand/million/whatevah miles away (did anyone else start humming "Hey There Delilah? Just me? Awkward...).
I decided that since I don't really have any intern related things to go over and I don't really feel like rant/raving that I would share my top 11 moments of 2011. This makes me really happy since 11 is my favorite number and I just like reliving great times. 2011 brought a lot of those.
Drum roll pleeeease...
(these are in no particular order, by the way. That would take way too much brain power and I'm pretty positive half of my brain is partially frozen right now. Snow problems.)
11. This isn't exactly one particular memory, but I'm really glad that I started running. It's been such a huge stress relief and got me in solid Spring Break shape. It just makes me feel so happy and I've had some lovely running partners. I guess if I was to name a time it would be my first 5k; simply because it was my first race and it was for a great cause.
|DM 5k with some lovely ladies.|
10. My 21st Birthday. Not only because it was my 21st, but because everyone that I was close to came to my party and celebrated with me. It was everything I could have asked for and really showed me that people actually like me (I question it sometimes. It's fine.).
|This sums up a lot of thing. Basically...it says NOLA.|
7. Chopping my hair off. Mainly because it was one of the biggest risks I've taken in a while (sad, I know. I'm a wimp and I embrace it). I hadn't had short hair since the 5th grade, but I needed a change- and let's be honest, I had a tragic haircut that kind of led to the NEED for a trim- and short hair was that answer. It was a good experience, but the long hair is coming back in 2012.
6. Key West Spring Break 2011. Honestly, there are not enough words to describe how ridiculously wonderful this Spring Break was. We came, we saw, we conquered. Duval Street was not really ready for our takeover. I convinced a homeless woman to steal a bike (who says I'm not a giving person?!), We made fresh fruit cocktails at 11am, We did a Fat Tuesday Bar Crawl (with a point system. Things got weird), I tried Oysters..and other things. Regardless, it was the perrrrfect Spring Break.
|Before the Fat Tuesday Bar Crawl. Check out those shirts. Yep.|
|Masterpiece Weddings- obviously a very serious bunch.|
2. Islands of Adventure on 11/11/11. Jacob and I went to Islands of Adventure dressed as tourists (matching shirts, ankle socks and tennis shoes, fanny pack/jacket around the waist. The Full Monty) and had two rules: anytime an actual tourist took a picture, we had to duplicate and we had to snap a pic at all obvious tourist photo stops. It was hilarious and I seriously don't know if I could top that theme-park experience.
|A prom picture in front of Jaws. Yes, yes we did.|
|Winter Break at it's finest.|