I mean hopefully you haven't actually had to witness that ever, but you get the idea....welp...anyways. THAT is how I feel about me and my blog. I'm the horrible parent and my blog is the attention-deprived child with the now-non-functioning limb.
To my credit, I have been supah busy. Like...I started my big-girl job (I get paid now. It's crazy. It's so adult. It's AWESOME.) at Events North. I now hold the title of "Event Manager" and am slowly learning how to use all of my Mac products...and how to put down the paper planner and embrace my "iCal" on my phone.
|Just a slight adjustment from my formally PC life...slight.|
If you know me at all, you'll realize what a HUGE step this is for me. I take my planner EVERYWHERE. I color code it. I'm obsessive and overorganized and I wouldn't have it any other way.
...except now I have to because I'm using iCal instead. I even kind of like it (traitor. I KNOW I KNOW.)
I also moved into my own apartment! I'm in the process of decorating/unpacking so that it feels more homey. Honestly it was kind of depressing to be in there by myself with weird greyish white walls and...none of my own belongings. I cannot handle boring plain-ness. I'm a pretty ridiculously random person and my decorative style reflects that. SO my amaaaaaaazing madre sent me some of my things from home so I wouldn't be as depressed (it may have been because I literally sobbed to her on the phone a few times about how much I miss my friends/my John Mayer poster...maybe.)
So, at least my apartment now looks more along the lines of...
|Living room! Please note my art-hanging skillz. YEP.|
|Bedroom. Clearly a work in progress, but at least it's something.|
Since I am just starting my job after three months of an unpaid internship (read: poor and young), I am slowly collecting some furniture from local thrift/resale stores and making it prettier. So...cheap and fun- I like my furniture like I like my dates (teeheehee).
OH OH OH!!! I should update my goals list since I'm making some dents! Here we go:
1. Run a half marathon. I'VE SIGNED UP FOR TWO!!! I'm currently training for my first one. Kind of rough times.
2. Grow my hair out without getting annoyed that it is taking too long and chopping it off again. IN THE PROCESS....still.
5. Snag myself a quality boyfriend. (hollatchagirl) ...lol.
7. Lose 15lbs. idfk. I'm basically the same size as the last goal update, but I feel really great about my body for the first time
8. Get at least a 2 pack. (a girl can dream) Still keep-on-keepin' on-ing.
9. Visit NYC :( womp womp.
10. Visit all of the wineries in Traverse City slowly getting there.
11. Go downhill skiing nada.
12. Go hiking for a considerable distance...not like a 5 mile hike. I want the real deal this will happen.
13. Go camping for an entire weekend. this will happen, too.
15. Go to Bonnaroo again. waaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I was going to sign up again, but I have an event during the sign-in/check in time so it's really just not possible. I think i'm going to electric forest and possibly lollapalooza, though!
17. Go through my Ipod and make the perfect playlists/actually delete songs I don't want. I kind of gave up on this for a while, but I'll start back up on it when I get the motivation.
18. Learn to ice skate and enjoy it. welp...
20. Learn how to knit Meh. Don't even care.
So hey, getting there. Kind of. WHATEVAH.
A few last minute things:
1. I'll be in Florida in 13 DAYS! If my week there is anything remotely close to how great Winter Break was, I'll be happy.
2. I'm tired.
3. I think I'm addicted to almonds. Just a thought.
4. Look at my dinner last night:
|Cajun Tilapia with avocado, mango, onion, cilantro, lime juice. Side of rice. ZOMG. So good.|