You may have noticed (or not...awkward.) that I haven't blogged about my Michigan life/random things/etc. in a quick minute.
And by a "quick minute"- yes, I do mean over a month.
Well, I would like to have a chance to explain and defend myself. Luckily, this is my blog and I can do whatevah the hell I want, so I shall do just that.
I personally believe that my lack of blogging only has one explanation: growing up. You heard me. I haven't been blogging because I am, whether I like it or not, growing up. Turning into a grown-up. Embracing my big-girl life. How does this even make sense, you ask?
You're so lucky because I'm totally going to tell you.
In case you are not aware/don't pay attention to my life/are living under a rock, I recently accepted a full-time position at the super fabulous Events North ...which also meant that I left my friends, family, and the state I grew up in (read: everything I know and love in life) behind to pursue my career dreams. Scary, I know. Well, summer in Traverse City is preeeeetty wonderful, but also real busy. Because of this, by the time I get home from work, go on my run/workout/whatev, make my dinner, pack my lunch, so on and so forth...my blogging efforts are at a solid zero percent. Therefore, growing up and having a big-girl job has led to my lack of blogging.
It makes sense... and you're going to have to deal regardless.
I have decided to dedicate the rest of this blog post to reasons that I know I am turning into a grown-up. In a list style, obviously..because that's how I do things. So, here we go.
1. I make my bed every morning. Seriously, every morning. I NEVER did this before (you can ask my mom, she knows....oh...she knows.), but now that I fall into bed exhausted every night, it really is just so much nicer to do so in a pretty-made-up bed.
|My room...notice the MADE BED.|
2. I pack my lunch every night. True, I may have basically the same lunch every day (almonds&craisins, an apple, granola bar, cottage cheese, veggies and hummus. BOOM.), but I pack it all up and have it ready in the fridge in the morning. I'm going to be such an excellent mom some day. I don't have a picture of my lunch (crazy since it sounds soOoOo exciting, I know.), but! I do have a picture of my kitchen decor.
|Shout out Papa Jameson for the Beatles Print and cupcake mug.|
3. I make "Adult Meals"...when I'm not tired as fuuuu and only have the effort to pop a Lean Cuisine in the microwave and call it a night. But seriously, I make some wonderful food. I even shop like an adult. I was in the Macaroni and Cheese aisle and I reached for the normal Mac and Cheese instead of the dino-shaped one...I then put the Mac and Cheese back after remembering that I was lactose intolerant and it would be a horrible choice anyways, BUT! The big-girl move did not go unnoticed....anyways. Here are a few meals I've thrown together lately:
|Greek Yogurt parfait. Strawberries, Blueberries, flaxseed, vanilla greek yogurt, Granola from the Farmer's Market. AMAZING.|
|Grilled Chicken with a baked potato and grilled asparagus. GROWN UP MEAL. RIGHT THERE.|
4. I keep my apartment clean...like, I put away my clothes instead of leaving them on the floor, I clean offmy counters...it's crazy.
5. I make an effort to look nice when I go out in public. I've never been a huge fan of makeup. Don't get me wrong, I use it...but I'm terrrrrrrible at it. I really only put it on when I absolutely need to. I would also rather throw on some jorts, a cute shirt and some fun accessories (unless I'm hitting the town/going to a bar/that ish), but lately I've actually taken the time to throw together quality outfits for normal day activities. Proof:
|True, those are still jorts...BUT THEY WORKED.|
6. I spend the extra dollar to consume quality beers instead of cheap, watered down ones. Big Spender over here...but really. I enjoy beer (okay, I really enjoy beer), but I know I'm growing up because I actually drink beer because I like the taste instead of drinking it to get wAsTeD.
7. I graduated college. I hear that's kind of a big deal.
|I may or may not be obsessed with my grad cap...and tiedye.|
I'm sure there are a solid amount of other reasons that I'm growing up, but I also need to counter this post by saying that I still have a tie-dye check book, watch Disney channel movies, only have neon bandaids, am instantly attracted to Hello Kitty products, love to photobomb/take awkward photos, say far-too-awkward things...all the time, sing really loudly in the car, and still have no desire to have children...so I'm not completely boring.