It's Thanksgiving tomorrow. Where did November go, you ask? I have no friggin' idea. I was pretty sure that Halloween was last week and that I had just stripped off that glorious unicorn costume, but alas, I was wrong.
Nonetheless, Thanksgiving is tomorrow. It's my first Thanksgiving ever away from home (except for that one year that my mom and her bffs -- or as they're more commonly referred to: The Sexy Seven -- took their families on a weird log cabin vacation and we had a giant Thanksgiving celebration in log cabins named after strange Swedish children. I think I was in cabin "Heidi" and I'm still confused about it). As sad as I am to not be with my family, I've decided to instead think about all of the things I have in my life to be thankful for!
So....naturally I made a list. You probably saw this one coming. I'm not really that hard to read.
THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR, by Meaghan Jameson, age 22.
1. Being blessed with fully-able legs that allow me to run distances up to 13 miles. Seriously...that's ridiculous. Our bodies are insane.
2. That loaves of bread now come in "light" varieties.
3. That I live in a country where I am free. I really really love me some AMERICUH. We're super lucky to be able to do all of things that we are. Don't take it for granted.
4. That I no longer have to raise my hand to participate/ask questions like I did in school. For those of you who are not aware, my elbows hyper extend...aka my arm is the most awkward looking thing EVER and having to raise it during class sucks. a lot.
5. That 13 tootsie roll minis only have 130 calories. Srsly.
6. The Beatles. I never get sick of them. Why wasn't I born in the 60s? Oh cruel world.
7. That I have awesome parents who, even though they make some awkward facebook comments every now and then and maybe cause me to roll my eyes on occasion, are just really great. They love me. They accept my sometimes-okay-a-lot-of-the-time big idiot/risky decisions. It's such a wonderful thing having them in my life.
8. I have the world's best friends.
9. Especially Gabrielle Fisher. It's pretty spectacular that I met my maid of honor in the third grade. Especially since she is going to plan the best bachelorette party ever.
10. Chick Fil A waffle fries.
11. That someone thought to combine mango and margaritas. OH.MAH.GAWD.
12. Piggy banks. I have a really great giant one back in Florida. I miss it a lot. I've been trying to look for a replacement...it has not gone well so far.
14. Mio (which I like to pronounce meooowwww). It makes ordering a vodka water at a bar a great idea.
...okay it's still a pretty bad idea, but at least it's a great tasting bad idea.
16. Harry Potter. Accio mashed potatoes.
17. That Ring Pops are a thing (except for watermelon flavored ones)
18. Target and all of the wonderful things that it has waiting for me every time I shop there. Somehow I go into Target looking for an avocado and leave with three new dresses, half off Halloween decor, a bag of M&Ms and a new set of coffee mugs. I'm okay with it.
19. Movie theater popcorn...and that it is overpriced, allowing me to have the willpower to say "NO MEAGHAN. YOU CANNOT BUY THAT BAG OF CALORIES."
20. That I surround myself with people who do not judge me for being uncomfortably open about things or dressing up in costumes because I can. Or people who find it acceptable that I order a side of Ranch dressing with every meal.
21. Reeses on reeses on reeses.
22. That after Thanksgiving comes CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!
23. That I do not have an obnoxious laugh, because I laugh allllll the time and if my laugh was terrible, I would probably have no friends.
24. That I have a nice looking boy to do ridiculous things with who likes great music and holding my hand in the grocery store. I should also note that I just started smiling really big and covered my face in a "Meaghan stop it you're so embarrassing!" kind of way.
25. That I have so many things to be thankful for!
Have such an amazing day tomorrow, friends. Eat way too much. Drink one (or five) more glasses of wine than you should, enjoy your families. Just be happy for everything you have in your life!